Atkins Foundation Announces Latest Grant Recipients - January 11, 2012
Tampa, FL – Atkins and its subsidiaries have announced the awarding of this quarter’s grants totaling more than $32,000. Grants will be administered through The Atkins Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) foundation focused on helping the corporation’s subsidiaries expand their programs for charitable giving.
The Foundation Board meets quarterly to consider funding requests submitted by employees. At its December 2011 Board meeting, grants for the following programs were approved:
- ASCE Suncoast Branch, Toothpick Bridge Building Contest; Sarasota, Florida
- Florida Education Foundation, Sunshine State STEM Scholars, Tallahassee, Florida
- Missoula County Public Schools, Discover Your Future Student Conference, Missoula, Montana
- Omosaze, Inc., Reading Saturday, Smyrna, Georgia
- St. Andrew Bay Environmental, Emerald Coast Regional Envirothon, Panama City, Florida
- The Watershed Education Network, Western Montana School Stream Monitoring Programs, Missoula, Montana
- Western MT Addiction Services, Integration of STEM Curricula into After-School Programs, Missoula, Montana
“As communities seek new channels of support for their local initiatives, they often find passionate allies in Atkins employees who maintain close ties with their communities” says The Atkins Foundation, Inc. Chair, Cecilia Green. “We are proud to be able to provide Atkins Foundation grants to support programs that are championed by our employees and offer long-term improvements to the quality of life in our communities.”
The Atkins Foundation supports community education initiatives through scholarships and grants for public/private institutions of learning, particularly in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.