New GSA Consolidated Schedule IDIQ Contract offers Atkins’ federal clients a total solution for service procurement - October 19, 2012
Tampa, FL – Atkins announces a new GSA Consolidated Schedule IDIQ Contract, which enables federal agencies to use a single contract to procure Atkins services that were previously available under individual Federal Supply Schedule IDIQ Contracts. The multiyear GSA Consolidated Schedule IDIQ Contract (aka “00CORP”) is valid through 2021 and offers a total Atkins solution to fulfill client requirements that fit under more than one GSA Schedule IDIQ Contract.
Atkins now offers its federal clients the flexibility and convenience of the GSA Multiple Award Schedule IDIQ Contract as a procurement solution for blanket purchase agreements (BPA) and task orders involving complex requirements. Because only one BPA or task order is necessary, clients can work directly with Atkins.
For example, if an agency must conduct a large environmental cleanup, services could include financial reporting, public affairs, warehousing, engineering, and facility maintenance. The agency could fulfill all task requirements through one BPA or task order under the new Atkins Consolidated Schedule IDIQ Contract—which includes subcontractor support, thus saving time and effort while obtaining quality Atkins solutions.
The types of services clients can purchase under the streamlined IDIQ contract vehicle include:
- Engineering services. Strategic planning for technology programs/activities; concept-development requirements analysis; system design, engineering, and integration; testing and evaluation; integrated logistics support; acquisition and lifecycle management; and construction management.
- Environmental services. Environmental planning services and documentation, waste management services, environmental advisory services, GIS, remediation services, and new technology.
- Facilities maintenance. Complete facilities management services, facilities maintenance and management consulting services, energy management planning and strategies, building commissioning services, energy audit services, innovations in energy, and water conservation.
- Information technology products and services.
Federal agencies can award consolidated BPAs and task orders by following the GSA Schedule IDIQ Contract Ordering Procedures outlined in FAR 8.4 and the Supplemental Ordering Procedures for Services (requiring a statement of work), which are posted on the GSA website at www.gsa.gov.
To learn more about Atkins’ GSA Consolidated Schedule IDIQ Contract, please contact Atkins’ federal contracts managers Amanda Rhodes at 813.281.3627 (email: email@example.com) or Clark Mesolella at 813.281.3625 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information:
Tel: +1 407.806.4139
Follow Atkins’ news on Twitter
Notes to Editors
Atkins (www.atkinsglobal.com) is one of the world's leading engineering and design consultancies*, employing some 17,400 people across the UK, North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Europe. It has the breadth and depth of expertise to plan, design, and enable some of the world's most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects.
*It is the largest engineering consultancy in the UK (New Civil Engineer Consultants File 2012) and the 14th largest global design firm (Engineering News-Record 2012).
Recent projects include:
- Critical program management of storm protection works in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and Southern Louisiana, providing expertise in coastal restoration, engineering, environmental and GIS support to rebuild defenses and protect habitats.
- Architectural and construction phase services for the new Tyndall Air Force Base Fitness Center, meeting LEED Platinum standards without impact to project cost.
- Equal partner in a joint venture that is providing full-service program/project management support for the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan, a $7.8-billion project encompassing ecological restoration, water storage, flood control, and recreation.
- Key transit projects – member of joint venture providing general engineering consultant team for the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority and project management oversight contractor for the Federal Transit Administration for major transit projects throughout the US.
- Lead firm on the Ascend, Joint Venture, LLC team, which is designing the $1.2-billion Maynard Holbrook Jackson Jr. International Terminal roadway system at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Meeting stringent nutrient removal requirements for wastewater treatment plants in the Chesapeake Bay area through design of upgrades to Howard County, Maryland’s Little Patuxent Water Reclamation Plant and the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission’s Seneca Wastewater Treatment Plant, and design and construction of enhanced nutrient removal facilities at Anne Arundel County’s Patuxent Water Reclamation Plant.
- Multi-year architecture-engineering construction management services for the National Park Service in the USA, including projects such as rehabilitation of the Furnace Creek Visitor Center and Administrative Complex at California’s Death Valley to meet the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Gold certification standards.