Atkins was one of the first firms to specialize in interpreting and implementing environmental policy acts at the national and state levels and has prepared several thousand environmental reports and technical studies since the 1970s.
Environmental policy act compliance is constantly evolving. Atkins’ environmental professionals stay up to date with current interpretations for implementing the regulations at both the national and state levels. We do this by providing training for other professionals in our industry, working with prominent environmental attorneys, and through our experience completing thousands of documents—from simple to complex. As a result, we offer our clients efficient program- and project-level environmental documents, as well as streamlined, tiered studies. Our mitigation solutions are thoughtful, practical, and effective.
INTEGRATED, MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH
As specialists in the interpretation and implementation of environmental policy for more than 40 years, our staff strategically designs environmental documents and processes to meet the specific needs of each client and each situation.
Our environmental, technical, and management professionals have extensive experience in the natural, physical, and social sciences, which allows us to provide the comprehensive services necessary to efficiently meet the objectives of our clients. Atkins professionals are accomplished in the study of the technical specialties required in connection with the preparation of environmental documents, such as air quality, noise, biology, cultural resources, water resources, traffic, climate change, and public services, to name only a few.
PROJECT DESIGN THROUGH POST-CONSTRUCTION RESOURCE MONITORING
Clients rely on Atkins project managers and environmental specialists for leadership and technical support from project design through post-construction resource monitoring. Often our clients select us for land use and environmental constraint planning, and then retain us to guide them through the processes related to environmental policy compliance. In later phases, our biologists, air quality scientists, cultural resources experts, and water resources engineers may be engaged to design and manage the implementation of measures to meet mitigation or other regulatory requirements, such as erosion control programs, protection of cultural resources, climate action plans, or restoration plans.
Atkins’ related services are listed below.
- Project planning and initial agency discussions
- Feasibility and siting evaluations
- Regulatory reviews of applicable laws
- Preparation of notices of intent
- Design and execution of environmental baseline assessments and potential impact studies
- Field surveys and data collection
- Alternatives development and evaluations
- Preparation for and participation in public scoping meetings and public hearings
- Agency development and coordination
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Preparation of comment responses
- Mitigation planning
- Initial studies/(mitigated) negative declarations
- Findings of no significant impact (FONSI) and record of decision preparation (ROD)
- Environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, environmental information documents, and environmental acceptability documents
- Tiered environmental documents
- Mitigation monitoring programs
- Statements of fact findings and overriding considerations
- Records of decision
- Compliance monitoring
- Compliance training
- Expert testimony for litigation