Transportation strategies that really work are not about roads, cars, bikes. and buses—they are about people.
Delivering an appropriate and sustainable transportation network for the 21st century is an exciting challenge. Atkins has a proven track record of successfully planning, designing, and enabling urban transportation and environmental improvements across all scales of developments. We also have a unique service offering in planning and designing for pedestrians, using science-based methods to turn pedestrian movement from an undervalued resource into a tangible and manageable asset.
Successful transportation strategies examine the journeys that people need to make in all aspects of their lives and provide realistic travel options. The services that we provide to our clients range from strategic policy advice and performance management, through all aspects of demand forecasting, behavioral analysis, to accessibility, transportation for land development, streetscapes, and traffic engineering design.
Understanding traffic and pedestrian movement is key to creating sustainable communities that have been planned, modeled, and designed to cope with today’s demands. Atkins provides an innovative and diverse range of modeling and consulting services along with its broader transportation planning services.
Our capabilities in this area include:
- Access management plans
- Air quality conformity
- Alignment studies and conceptual engineering
- Commercial vehicle operations studies
- Corridor feasibility studies and multimodal analysis
- Economics and finance Environmental documentation and resource studies
- Environmental justice
- Geographic information systems (GIS) mapping
- Interchange feasibility studies
- Long-range transportation and master plans
- Origin-destination surveys
- Pedestrian and bicycle trail/path planning and design
- Permitting and mitigation studies
- Planning and environmental linkage
- Public involvement and consensus building
- Regional and statewide multimodal systems planning
- Sustainability and life-cycle analysis
- Traffic impact studies and travel characteristic surveys
- Traffic operations and simulation
- Travel demand/congestion modeling and management